Founded by Fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum’s API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
We’re a remote-first company building a geographically distributed team. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to have a direct impact into software systems built from the ground up. Our software engineers sit alongside data and machine learning teams to develop products grounded in AI. Data is a primary driver of our business value, and developing software that leverages data and models drives key success for our company.
Scalable and reliable software is necessary to deliver valuable intelligence and insight from our data systems to our customers, through APIs and tools. We build on top of cloud infrastructure, follow event-driven paradigms, and embrace serverless stacks where appropriate. The ideal candidate can design, architect and code performant software that is deployed to the cloud. You will have an opportunity to make decisions about the technology components we build on as well as design patterns for organizing our code.
As part of a small but growing engineering team, you will also help create the engineering culture and values at Orum. We strive to have a strong, deliberate culture defined around continuous learning, autonomy and ownership, and acknowledgement of failure. You don’t need to match our practices and culture, as you’ll help to define it. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
- Write clean, readable and testable code, and refactor code as capabilities evolve
- Participate in code reviews among peers to maintain a high level of quality and comprehensible code
- Support the development of cloud infrastructure by writing infrastructure as code
- Take end-to-end ownership over software systems, including internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing delivery pipelines, re-designing architecture for greater stability, extending the stack for better observability, etc.
- Maintain services across multiple environments from development to production
- Provide technical guidance in technical experiments and projects and participate in developing our product and software roadmaps
- Professional experience across the software development life cycle, from ideation to coding to production
- Technically proficient in programming languages including both compiled and dynamic languages
- Familiarity with and interest in cloud computing, serverless application stacks, and managing infrastructure through code
- Working SQL knowledge as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and other data storage practices, such as relational databases and key-value stores
- Strong analytic skills related to working with large code bases
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery, and techniques for testing both code as well as end-to-end
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity of software development principles such as agile software development, git flow, test-driven development, etc.
Nice to have
- Experience with financial, accounting, or payments systems
- Understanding of payment rails (ACH, RTP, Card, etc.)
- Experience working with Event Driven Architectures
- Experience working with AWS
Technologies we like
- Programming languages like TypeScript, Go, Scala, Kotlin
- Data stores like PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, S3, DynamoDB, etc.
- AWS services such as EKS, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- Building with containerization (Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / CircleCI)
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.