Founded by fintech executives from LearnVest, N26, and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum’s API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight, is currently available via Private Beta.
About the Role
As a product manager on the Foresight team, you will work alongside engineering, customer experience, sales, and data science to build, launch, and maintain features for our flagship product, Foresight, an ACH risk intelligence API. In this role, you will be playing a critical part in building out the Foresight platform to help clients move money faster and reduce returns. Orum’s products are embeddable API-based infrastructure solutions powered by an internal data platform; as a payments focused product manager you already have a personal conviction for how and why money should move in real-time.
- Articulate and communicate a product roadmap and priorities aligning with Foresight product objectives and key results
- Work closely with multiple cross functional stakeholders – engineering, design, operations, and customer experience – to define and prioritize new features
- Leverage payments knowledge to translate the complexities of the payments ecosystem into tangible product solutions and requirements
- Drive the development, implementation and execution process for Foresight by running agile sprints and corresponding ceremonies to make Foresight a high performing team.
- Translate inputs and business needs into product requirements and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Apply best practices for building API-based products and developer facing solutions
- Work with our customer facing and marketing teams to create product collateral necessary for product launches.
- 2+ years experience building products with clear, demonstrable results, preferably with an enterprise, B2B, and/or platform focus
- 3+ years of related industry experience in a payments company touching products that affect the flow of funds across ACH, wires, RTP, or card networks.
- You’re excited about the payments space and are eager to make money movement smart, instant, and automated.
- Solid design and technical understanding that allows you to engage with your counterparts in a collaborative and productive manner
- Strong analytical orientation; a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- The ability to self start and create order out of chaos; you are comfortable in unstructured environments
- You are low-ego and high-empathy; you consistently work well with a wide range of people and build trust quickly.
- You are an excellent communicator and believe that regularly giving and soliciting feedback to stakeholders and peers is critical to achieving our business objectives
- An entrepreneurial mindset and drive; you understand how to intelligently use resources (i.e. existing content, capital, and talent) to develop and realize a vision; you’ve had rapid growth phase experience at an early stage, venture-backed technology company and you’re comfortable with the pace and expectations of this stage